With this series, I am investigating body and time by employing various repetitive actions to record process. Movements with the body, like movements in life, can never be replicated precisely even if repeated. This is a reminder for us to remain present and embrace each moment's differences. The repetition in y work has allowed me to break free from the constant noise of the mind. Likewise, the repetitive presence of each element opens a space for stilling the mind.
1. One Thousand Seconds of Breathing. Moving image. 16 minutes, 40 seconds
2. One Thousand Inhales and Exhales. Diptych, each 500 x 500mm
3. One Thousand Cuts on Paper. Paper with incisions, 450 x 630mm
4. One Thousand Hand Pushed Pins into Wall. One thousand pins on wall
5. One Thousand Seconds of Pouring Water into Cups. Audio, 16 minutes, 40 seconds
Talk to our team
If you would like to ask us a question or request more information, please detail your enquiry using the form below. If you would like you can contact us directly on 0800 800 300, email us or use the contact us form.