Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei Scholarship
The Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei Scholarship is available for exceptional candidates of Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei descent applying to enrol in any Whitecliffe undergraduate or postgraduate qualification programme and is awarded upon the successful applicant’s acceptance of an offer of place.
Tēnā Koutou Katoa
Whitecliffe offers scholarships each year open to applicants from Ngāti Whātua.
All applicants for these Scholarships must be:
- New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
- Be a registered member of Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei (if you are not a registered member of Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei, click here to register)
The scholarship is available for exceptional candidates of Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei descent applying to enrol in any Whitecliffe undergraduate or postgraduate qualification programme and is awarded upon the successful applicant’s acceptance of an offer of place.
The scholarship offers one full-year (120 credits) of fees for consecutive study. Should the applicant be eligible for the Government’s Fees-free scheme, the scholarship will apply to the second year of study (or first year of study not covered by the Fees-free scheme).
Applicants should submit a scholarship application request noted in their application to Whitecliffe and the preferred qualification programme when clicking on the Apply Now section on this page.
Applicants must meet all of the entry criteria for their selected programme and the scholarship applications must be accompanied by:
- a digital portfolio (as appropriate)
- a letter of intent (approx. 300-500 words)
- a letter of reference from a Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei Kaumātua
The scholarships will be awarded following completion by all applicants of the usual Whitecliffe admissions procedures including an interview. Scholarships are awarded by the Admissions Board based on:
- evidence in the portfolio and/or interview of the potential to undertake tertiary study in the declared qualification programme;
- the ability of the applicant to express their intentions and/or aspirations successfully in the letter of intent, and further upon;
- support from Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei as presented in the letter of reference.
Applicants may use the same portfolio and letter of intent for both the Whitecliffe application and the scholarship application.
Talk to our team
If you would like to ask us a question or request more information, please detail your enquiry using the form below. If you would like you can contact us directly on 0800 800 300, email us or use the contact us form.