At Whitecliffe we are always looking for dedicated, enthusiastic, and driven individuals to join our team! Fun atmosphere: our students tell us we’re a home away from home for them.
Current Career Opportunities
ICT Tutor Wellington and Christchurch
- Do you have proven recent experience teaching introductory level IT courses in a tertiary setting?
- Do you have a passion for working with rangatahi Maori, Pasifika youth, second chance learners, and career chances?
- Do you have a relevant qualification at postgraduate level or equivalent industry experience?
We are seeking inspiration ICT Tutors in Wellington and Christchurch with IT technical skills and/or familiarity with delivering Certificate level/Level 4 ICT courses. Alignment with our values of manaakitanga, wisdom, courageousness, integrity, and agility will see a cultural fit with the College, along with the following:
- IT Foundation
- Programming Languages
- Web Design
- SQL Server, MySQL
To be considered you will have:
- An enthusiasm and passion for education and the subject you teach.
- Strong organisation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- IT industry experience, an educational background, and Adult teaching qualification.
- An ability to break down complex subject matter into language that students can understand.
This is a full-time permanent position starting next month. If you are motivated to teach, we are motivated to talk to you! Apply now (CV and cover letter in Word format via SEEK) to be considered for this exciting opportunity.
Pastoral Care Consultant
At Whitecliffe we believe that pastoral care should be fully integrated throughout the teaching, learning and structure of an organisation to effectively meet the person, social (well-being), and academic needs of our students. As Pastoral Care Consultant you will play a key role in providing high-quality advice, developing meaningful relationships with our students, and delivering the support and assistance they need to succeed at their studies, and achieve their career goals and aspirations. The successful applicant will have:
- a strong customer service ethic and the ability to effectively build and maintain professional networks and relationships
- outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- a full New Zealand driver's license with a clean record
- a passion for working with rangatahi Maori, Pasifika youth, second chance learners, and career seekers
- previous experience providing student pastoral care, guidance and support to a diverse range of students (both domestic and international).
Alignment with our values of manaakitanga, wisdom, courageousness, integrity, and agility will see a cultural fit with the College.
The role provides you with the opportunity to directly contribute to, and positively influence, our students' experience. If you would like to work in this rewarding role in a creative and dynamic education environment please apply now by providing your CV and cover letter.
Please note: counselling experience is a preference, but not a requirement for this role.
Quality Assurance Coordinator
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Coordinator, reporting to the Head of Quality Assurance and Approvals, to assist with the development, implementation and review of the College's quality assurance systems and processes including:
- coordinating academic quality activities to achieve outcomes specified in the Strategic Plan, Teaching and Learning Plan and other business plans;
- tracking and reporting on faculty progress against strategic goals and operational plans in quality assurance and student affairs;
- providing administrative support to ensure the effective implementation and review of the College's QMS and processes;
- ensuring academic quality and associated policies and processes meet the needs of Whitecliffe, stakeholders, NZQA and TEC;
- coordinating preparations for external assessments of the College's academic provision;
- fostering a culture of self assessment and evidence gathering throughout the organisation.
Alignment with our values on manaakitanga, wisdom, courageousness, integrity, and agility will see a cultural fit with the College. In addition, you will have:
- previous experience in an academic quality role (or similar) and recent successful experience in a tertiary/relevant education environment;
- knowledge and experience in adult teaching and working with domestic and international students;
- experience with qualification reviews and external evaluation and review;
- an understanding of QM systems and knowledge of the National Qualifications Authority and framework;
- familiarity with TEC, Ministry of Education and requirements of both targeted and student component funding;
- broad experience working in the private education provider sector.
If these values, skills, and experience are a match for yours we invite you to apply now, providing your CV and a cover letter, to be considered for this exciting opportunity.