TUTOR: KATRINA IOSIA
THIS 6 WEEK COURSE WILL RUN EACH WEDNESDAY EVENING FROM 8 MAY UNTIL 12 JUNE
EACH CLASS WILL START AT 6PM AND FINISH AT 9PM
This course introduces the core fundamentals of 3D fine art. The course aims to develop an understanding of contemporary sculpture techniques and issues related to time, space and context. Students will investigate the use of materials and examine ideas through drawing related to sculpture. The exploration of a wide range of art mediums, found objects and materials encourages critical thinking and allows students to explore creativity and problem solving in sculptural works. Students will be able to:
● Develop ideas and come to understand the fundamentals in drawing for sculpture
● Establish a relationship between concepts, materials and processes through analysis
● Demonstrate technical or practical investigation of each brief
● Participate in studio programme and class critiques
This course is suitable for beginners.
About Katrina Iosia:
Katrina Iosia is a New Zealand born Niuean artist. She starting her training at Unitec, completing her BDVA majoring in sculpture, painting and design. As a practicing artist, Katrina has been exploring contemporary sculpture utilising her makers skill set drawing on traditions of pacific handcrafts, using unique methods and unconventional materials. Katrina also graduated with a Postgraduate Degree in Teaching (Secondary) from the University of Auckland.
EVENING COURSE - TERM 2
WEDNESDAYS 6 PM – 9 PM FOR 6 WEEKS
$350.00 PER TERM (SOME MATERIAL INCLUDED)
DOWNLOAD/VIEW THE MATERIAL LIST
- Frequently asked questions and the course terms and conditions
- This course will run throughout the year. Please check the 2019 Continuing Education Calendar for the terms dates.
For any questions regarding this course, please contact us directly.