TUTOR: PETRA LUDVIGSON
This weekend workshop is designed for artists who are new to working with paint and who wish to explore and experiment with the basics
In this workshop, you will learn about the characteristics of paint, brushes and brushwork, colour theory and how to colour mix, and using tonal values to create light and shade, shape and form, alongside other art and design elements such as proportion, perspective, and creating compositional balance.
This workshop is a fun way to learn and have experience of the fundamentals of painting that you can then apply and progress in more complex and creative ways in your own developing practice.
This course is suitable for beginners.
PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING MATERIALS TO THE COURSE:
- Pre-primed canvas pad or heavy weight paper with gesso
- Large bull clips
- Acrylic paints - Titanium white, Zinc white, Warm red, Cool red, Light yellow, Deep yellow, Dark blue, Greenish blue (it’s used for mixing up browns and near black), Raw umber, Black. (Ask at your art supplies store if you are not sure about the colours)
- 4B Pencil and eraser
- A range of brushes including 1 large flat headed for quickly painting the whole canvas
- Palette knife
- Glazing medium
- Soft rags and paper towels
- Jar for water
- Soap for washing brushes
- Pallet – e.g. flat white tray or clear glass surface for mixing paint on
- Apron or old painting shirt
About Petra Ludvigson:
Petra Ludvigson is an abstract expressionist painter with a background in conceptual art. Starting her training at ASA in 1996 and graduating with a BVA from AUT in 2006, she has enjoyed a 20 yr+ relationship with the Auckland art world.
Utilizing line and texture, her work explores the female form as an abject location. Desire, objectification, expectation, possession, reproduction, power and control…. the female body becomes occupied and the self is leaked out.
Alongside her own art practice and teaching adult education, Petra runs art therapy groups for people living with dementia and adults with special needs.
WEEKEND COURSES - TERM 2
SATURDAY 29 June & SUNDAY 30 June
$250.00 PER TERM
ENROLMENTS NOW OPEN UNTIL 24 JUNE
CLASSES WILL START 10am and finish at 4.30pm each day
includes 1/2 hour lunch break - BYO
For any question regarding this course, please contact us directly.