For the first time, Gow Langsford Gallery presents an exhibition of works by new graduates. Selected from three Auckland Art Schools, 'Prelude : 2020' provides an opportunity to see works by some exceptional emerging artists, offering insight into current thinking in contemporary visual arts at a grassroots level.
The exhibition will run until Saturday 7 March 2020.
The practices of the invited artists offer diverse viewpoints through a range of media and conceptual concerns. The artists presenting are:
- Katharine Atafu-Mayo (b. 1995, Afakasi Samoan, Whitecliffe)
- Andrea Bolima (AUT)
- Eleanor Cooper (b. 1988, New Zealand, ELAM)
- Melanie Hall (ELAM)
- Rohan Hardy (b. 1993, UK, Whitecliffe, pictured)
- Peng Jiheng (b. 1994, China, ELAM)
- Vivian Jin (b. 1991, South Korea, ELAM)
- Chantel Matthews (b. 1978, New Zealand, Tainui, Whitecliffe)
- Shawnee Teki (b. 1998, New Zealand, Cook Islands, Whitecliffe)
- Grace Wright (b. 1992, New Zealand, ELAM)
For more information, visit the Gow Langsford Gallery website.
Download the Whitecliffe Prospectus
Find out everything you need to know including study options, career opportunities, intake dates, fees and how to apply.
Talk to our team
If you would like to ask us a question or request more information, please detail your enquiry using the form below. If you would like you can contact us directly on 0800 800 300, email us or use the contact us form.