14 April - 20 April
Whitecliffe College of Arts and Design
24 Balfour Rd; Parnell
Learn the key skills, production values and critical thinking required for the creation of compelling audio-visual narratives. You will be guided by a faculty that includes noted filmmakers, researchers, photographers and industry practitioners.
This intensive workshop enables you to gain valuable new skills, refresh or re-focus your existing knowledge base & make valuable professional connections.
Work with other creative image-makers in our purpose-built facilities and on location during a challenging and rewarding week-long course of study.
- Project visualisation and pre-production.
- The Adobe Creative Suite©, with emphasis on Premiere©, After Effects© and Muse©/Spark©.
- Image and sound recording: equipment, best practice workflows and file management.
- Post-production: Editing, sound and graphics.
- Workshop overview:
- During this intensive week you will negotiate a project, generate and edit content, receive critique and feedback from lecturers and your peers, and screen your final work at a public event at the close of the workshop.
- Delivery will take the form of lectures, tutorials, individual meetings with faculty, site visits, group and individual critique and feedback.
You will need:
- Prior basic knowledge of editing software such as Photoshop©
- Intermediate-level Mac-based digital file-handling skills
- Intermediate-level photographic capability for the all-manual operation of DSLRs
- An external hard-drive
- High quality facilities including digital labs, daylight and blackout studios.
- Mac desktop computers and software, still and moving image camera and sound equipment. Technical support.
- Wi-Fi, printers and copiers as well as the wonderful Parkyn Library onsite.
- A public, catered screening event to close the workshop.
- Tea, coffee, healthy snacks and kitchen facilities.
Who we are:
We are educators, artists and industry practitioners.
- Becky Nunes (MFA) Photographer and film maker. Head of Department, Photo Media at Whitecliffe. http://www.beckynunes.co.nz/
- David Cowlard: (MA) Photographer, film maker and field recordist. Undergraduate lecturer at Whitecliffe. https://www.linkedin.com/in/davidcowlard/
- Briar March: (MFA) Filmmaker https://art.stanford.edu/people/briar-march
- Rainer Weston: (BFA) New media artist.
- Serena Giovanni Stevenson: Photographer and film maker http://www.serenastevenson.com
- Aaron McLean & Marcus Ringrose: PlayStudio commercial moving image production http://playstudio.co.nz/hello/
- Lux Productions: Colleen Tunicliffe. Photographer and short film maker http://www.lux.net.nz/
This workshop is currently a stand-alone, non-credit bearing course. However, there is the possibility that successful completion of this workshop could contribute to future recognised prior learning towards a proposed Whitecliffe Post-Graduate Diploma in Photography and Media Arts.
Costs and enrolment:
The cost for the week is $1320.00 inclusive of GST
Please enrol directly following the "Enrol Now" link, or contact us to discuss terms of payment by instalment or to request a GST invoice.