National Qualifications Framework (NQF) Level: 8
NQF Credits: 120
Exit qualification: Postgraduate diploma in Arts Therapy
Qualification Code: PC3426
Duration: 1 year low residency
Next Intake: February
Application deadline: 1 October for February intake
Campus: Main Campus, 24 Balfour Road, Parnell, Auckland 1010, New Zealand or DESIGN & ART COLLEGE, 52-54 OXFORD TERRACE, CHRISTCHURCH 8011
Specific Admission Requirements
Applicants considering the three-year Master of Arts in Arts Therapy (Clinical) programme should note that entry to the masters programme will only be considered for applicants who succesfully meet the requirements of the Postgraduate Diploma AND achieve a B+ Grade Point Average, as well as meeting professional behaviour criteria and receiving permission to matriculate from the Dean of Research and Postgraduate Studies.
Please ensure the following documents are attached with your application:
- Copy of Birth Certificate or Passport
- Passport Photo
- Letter of Intent
- Official transcripts of baccalaureate degree and/or other academic qualifications
- A current curriculum vitae
- Three letters of reference
- Evidence of academic writing ability which reflects the potential for successful study at postgraduate level (examples of previous academic writing may be submitted)
- Evidence of language proficiency (for applicants for whom English is a second language) IELTS 6.5 or equivalent
What we look for in a successful applicant:
- Experience within extraordinary communities, rich life experiences.
- Strong ethics and compassion.
- An undergraduate or equivalent academic qualification.
During our interview process we may ask students to take part in an experiential workshop with other applicants so that we can determine their ability to work in a group and in the arts therapy context.
An application for admission can be submitted at anytime, but it will not be processed until after the stated deadline. Applications received after the deadlines may be considered for entry, subject to places being available.APPLY HERE
Read more information on the Postgraduate Diploma in Arts Therapy page.