Tutor: Nazneen Sethna
Fashion Design Level one
Students will develop knowledge of the Fashion industry and foster their creativity through experimentation within this discipline. Students will be introduced to the process of pattern drafting and garment construction using industrial sewing machines. Students are taught to draft one skirt and one bodice to which they then sew the skirt in calico.
During the garment construction process, students will experiment with fabric manipulation techniques and employ different sewing techniques.
This course is suitable for beginners and for those with minimal experience.
The 6 weeks course will run over 7 weeks from Wednesday evening the 22nd of February to Wednesday the 5th of April (NO CLASS ON 15 MARCH)
Each class will start at 6pm and finish at 9pm.
About Nazneen Sethna:
Nazneen graduated from Whitecliffe College of Arts & Design in 2013 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts, majoring in Fashion Design. She has earned her experience in both the local and international market by interning and working alongside famous designers such as Amber Whitecliffe, HardOut Kiwi, Karen Walker & New York Designer, Thomasine Dolan. After graduating Nazneen started her own business Alter Me, specializing in dressmaking & clothing alterations, www.alterme.co.nz.
WEDNESDAY 6 PM – 9 PM
TERM 1 |FEBRUARY 22 - APRIL 5
(NO CLASS ON 15 MARCH)
$300.00 PER TERM (MATERIAL INCLUDED)
ENROLMENT NOW OPEN FOR TERM 1
- Students do not need to have completed a course in the previous term in order to enrol in a current or future term.
- Please read the course registration information and terms and conditions.
- A material list will be sent with the enrolment confirmation email.
- This course will run in Term: 1 / 2 / 3 (NOT in term 4). Please check the 2017 Continuing Education Calendar for the terms dates.
- Enrolment to this course will close on Monday 13th of February
For any question regarding this course, please contact us directly.