Current and upcoming exhibitions and events featuring Whitecliffe students, staff, and alumni.
If you have an upcoming exhibition or event you would like shared with the Whitecliffe Community, please email ANITAT@WHITECLIFFE.AC.NZ
13 January - 19 January
Whitecliffe College of Arts and Design
24 Balfour Rd; Parnell
Learn the key skills, production values and critical thinking required for the creation of compelling audio-visual narratives. You will be guided by a faculty that includes noted filmmakers, researchers, photographers and industry practitioners.
This intensive workshop enables you to gain valuable new skills, refresh or re-focus your existing knowledge base & make valuable professional connections.
Work with other creative image-makers in our purpose-built facilities and on location during a challenging and rewarding week-long course of study.
- Project visualisation and pre-production.
- The Adobe Creative Suite, with emphasis on Premiere, After Effects and Muse/Spark.
- Image and sound recording: equipment, best practice workflows and file management.
- Post-production: Editing, sound and graphics.
- Workshop overview:
- During this intensive week you will negotiate a project, generate and edit content, receive critique and feedback from lecturers and your peers, and screen your final work at a public event at the close of the workshop.
- Delivery will take the form of lectures, tutorials, individual meetings with faculty, site visits, group and individual critique and feedback.
You will need:
- Prior basic knowledge of editing software such as Photoshop
- Intermediate-level Mac-based digital file-handling skills
- Intermediate-level photographic capability for the all-manual operation of DSLRs
- An external hard-drive
- High quality facilities including digital labs, daylight and blackout studios.
- Mac desktop computers and software, still and moving image camera and sound equipment. Technical support.
- Wi-Fi, printers and copiers as well as the wonderful Parkyn Library onsite.
- A public, catered screening event to close the workshop.
- Tea, coffee, healthy snacks and kitchen facilities.
Who we are:
We are educators, artists and industry practitioners.
- Becky Nunes (MFA) Photographer and film maker. Head of Department, Photo Media at Whitecliffe. http://www.beckynunes.co.nz/
- David Cowlard: (MA) Photographer, film maker and field recordist. Undergraduate lecturer at Whitecliffe. https://www.linkedin.com/in/davidcowlard/
- Briar March: (MFA) Filmmaker https://art.stanford.edu/people/briar-march
- Rainer Weston: (BFA) New media artist.
- Serena Giovanni Stevenson: Photographer and film maker http://www.serenastevenson.com
- Aaron McLean & Marcus Ringrose: PlayStudio commercial moving image production http://playstudio.co.nz/hello/
- Lux Productions: Colleen Tunicliffe. Photographer and short film maker http://www.lux.net.nz/
This workshop is currently a stand-alone, non-credit bearing course. However, there is the possibility that successful completion of this workshop could contribute to future recognised prior learning towards a proposed Whitecliffe Post-Graduate Diploma in Photography and Media Arts.
Costs and enrolment:
The cost for the week is $1320.00 inclusive of GST
Please contact us to discuss terms of payment by instalment.