National Qualifications Framework (NQF) Level: 9
Exit qualification: Master of Fine Arts
Qualification Code: PC2275
Duration: 2 years low residency
Next Intake: January
Application Deadline: 31 October - late applications will be considered
Places Available: Maximum 12 per intake
Campus: Main Campus, 24 Balfour Road, Parnell, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Academic writing assessment:
Producing a dissertation is a demanding component of the course, which is why applicants complete an academic writing assessment. This provides faculty with an indication of the strengths and weakness of the applicant's academic writing skills at entry level. It is a useful diagnostic and educational tool but cannot guarantee the applicantýs ability to complete the written component of the course. This is dependent on how skills develop in the areas of research, critical analysis and advanced academic writing.
What we look for in a successful applicant:
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degree (4 years) or undergraduate qualification equivalent to NQF Level 7.
- Exhibition/professional experience.
- Demonstrated ability to meet programme objectives.
- Portfolio. This can be presented in digital media format. NB: Whitecliffe will retain portfolios of all applicants offered a place in the programme.
- Studio facilities description of facilities and equipment available for pursuit of studio research and/or plans for establishing or producing this.
- Studio supervisor nomination (optional). Candidates may nominate suitably qualified individuals. Supervisors are subject to the approval of the programme faculty.
- Evidence of professional recognition such as reviews and awards.
Applications for admission can be submitted at anytime. Applications received after the preferential deadline will be considered for entry subject to places being available.
Download a postgraduate application form from the Admissions page.
Read more information on the Master of Fine Arts page.