The Certificate in Arts and Design and the Certificate in Digital Media and Design programmes do not have any portfolio prerequisites:
- Literacy: Students must have achieved at least NCEA Level 2 Literacy or equivalent.
- No portfolio is required for admission.
- must be at least 17 years of age during their first year of study.
- must be at least 18 years of age during their first year of study.
- must have an overall IELTS band score (Academic Format) of 5.5 or English Language level of 5.5 IELTS or equivalent.
View our new Foundation Certificate Overview Film
Application processApply online
Complete the Application form and email or post to Whitecliffe
Preferred Application Dates:
It is advisable to apply by the preferred deadline in order to secure a place on the programme.
However, Applications will be accepted up until the commencement of the course and places offered according to availability.
The preferential application deadline for both 18 week Certificates starting in:
- February is 31 October (of the previous year).
- July is 30 May
- are advised to apply by the preferred application deadline or at least six weeks prior to course commencement to allow for the visa application process.
- will not be permitted to commence class without a valid visa to study at Whitecliffe.
Download an undergraduate application form from the Admissions page.
Read more information on the CERTIFICATE IN ARTS AND DESIGN and the CERTIFICATE IN DIGITAL MEDIA AND DESIGN